We collect and process the following data about you:
You give us information about you by completing any forms on our website at buildzoneuk.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or other. This includes information provided when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, search for an article or service. The information given may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial information.
With each visit to our website we automatically collect the following information:Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect a computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;Information about a website visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), pages viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from pages, and any phone numbers used to call us.
We may also receive information via any other website Buildzone UK operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
The Data Protection Act 1998 controls the processing of personal data. Buildzone UK work with personal data on a daily basis and the Data Protection Act 1998 requires us to give information about our data processing activities and how we deal with the information.
Personal data is any information relating to an individual from which he or she can be identified, such as a person’s name, address or date of birth.Personal data that Buildzone UK collect consists mainly of customer and supplier names, addresses, contact details and potentially other commercially available information necessary for us to effectively run our business.We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of personal information.
Personal information is held within our database and is backed-up daily along with an archived format that we hold securely. Stored personal information provided is held securely, and is both password and firewall protected on our own systems. Hard copies of personal data information from our database are occasionally made where necessary for marketing purposes. Access to our database is via the use of passwords.
If we provide information to a third party partner we will have strict control over the third party of the usage of this data.
• We will manage the security and confidentiality of the information and restrict access as applicable.
• The data supplied will be for the agreed purpose only and prevent it being used for any other purpose by any other party.
• We will restrict the information disclosed to a minimum.
If you would prefer not to receive marketing information please contact us.
We will maintain the confidentiality of personal information even after your interaction with us has ceased and any information will not be disclosed to anyone else except where we are legally compelled to do so. Disclosure of information will be as is necessary to protect Buildzones’ interests or where the disclosure is made with the consent of said person.
On payment of a statutory fee of £10, you have the right to be informed of the information that we hold on you within 40 days. You also have the right to request that all inaccuracies be amended. All enquiries should be addressed to the Finance Director, Buildzone UK Limited, 220 Higher Road, Urmston, Manchester M41 9BH.
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for our website. They include cookies that enable logging into any secure areas that may be configured on our website.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Function cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your requirements. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
• First party cookies are set by the website that you are visiting and can only be read by that website.
• Third party cookies are set by an organisation other than owner of the website. This can be for the purpose of website measurement, such as being able to watch a video on our site.
Cookies can last for different lengths of time, depending on what they are used for, for example:Session cookies are temporary cookies and are stored until you leave the website or when you close your web browser. They are then removed.Persistent cookies last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device again when the user returns to that website on that device. We as a business will set these cookies from 30 to 90 days.As a visitor to our website at buildzoneuk.com you are able to block cookies by activating the settings within your own browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website and your user experience will be affected.